Watching one of our clients improve during a presentation training workshop is a special thing.
It's also not uncommon. In fact, it's far rarer when clients don't experience an almost immediate and easily apparent improvement.
We specialize in helping clients reach "a-ha!" moments. Those profound personal insights often lead the same trainee who delivered a bland "words and bullets" presentation in the morning to deliver a rousing talk by mid-afternoon.
We enable that growth by providing trainees with a few highly memorable pieces of overarching guidance. Yes, we'll offer dozens of "best practices" tips -- but because too many individual suggestions can overwhelm even the sharpest of trainees, we find it's more effective to offer between five and seven "big picture" concepts. Those big ideas point speakers in a specific direction without being overly prescriptive, allowing each trainee to incorporate his or her own personality into our advice.
Our recommendations are rooted in published research -- we'll cite some of the more interesting bits -- and in the experience we've gained through our work with thousands of speakers.
Before your customized workshop, we’ll review your previous and upcoming speeches, PowerPoint presentations, outlines, notes, and video clips. We'll also learn more about your organization, the audiences you face, and the challenges you encounter when discussing your work.
What You Will Learn
In a typical session, you will learn how to:
- Sharpen the story you want to tell
- Align your talk to the audience’s needs
- Speak the universal language of general audiences
- Increase the effectiveness of your persuasion attempts
- Grab the audience with a powerful opening
- "Break the pattern" to keep audiences engaged from start to finish
- Select a close that audiences remember
- Tell a sticky story that drives action
- Create the right "feedback loops" through proper body language
- Model best practices for gesture, posture, voice, and movement
- Interact with your PowerPoint slides and notes
- Maintain control during question and answer sessions
- Use (not abuse) PowerPoint
- Design and display effective visuals
- Avoid the "eye-ear conflict"
- ...and more
Our on-camera presentation training sessions are high-energy, supportive, and fun. We're not afraid to deliver candid feedback to each trainee -- but we do so in an approachable manner that leaves participants receptive to our feedback (and often asking for more).
The best testimonial to our effectiveness is the amount of repeat business we earn. We've worked with several of our highest-profile clients for more than a decade. Here's what a few of our clients have said about our presentation training sessions:
"Brad Phillips doesn’t just help leaders handle media, make
presentations or meet crises with aplomb; he improves organizations."
"What we thought was a luxury has become key training for all our staff."
"A great investment for our company."
"Seasoned experts who adapted right into our culture and 'got' us."
You can see who made those comments and read additional testimonials from a wide variety of our clients here
Want to learn more about our approach to presentation training? Pick up a copy of the #1 Kindle Speech and Public Speaking best seller 101 Ways to Open a Speech
, also available in softcover.
Sessions are available at your location or in our New York City or Washington, DC offices. Please contact us for more information.